Reasons to Choose EPDM For Your Roofing Project
- A superior, economical alternative to traditional roofing methods, EPDM roofing is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane which lasts up to fifty years
- Environmentalists and regulatory organisations agree that EPDM rubber roofing stands the test of time and so is an eco-friendly solution for your flat roof in Cornwall
- Unlike many traditional felt roof preparations, EPDM flat roofing in Cornwall does not support the growth of moss and other such influences making it even more durable and looking new for longer
- EPDM roofing systems dominate the single-ply roofing market through their proven performance, durability and flexibility over a wide range of building types
- EPDM roofing does not crack, split or rot. It requires little or no ongoing maintenance meaning it is a low-cost fuss-free solution for your flat roof
- EPDM roofs are not affected by extremes of temperature meaning they are suitable for all properties and locations
- Ultraviolet light is the main cause of flat roof deterioration, but EPDM has superior resistance to UV (radiation), is wind-proof, has unmatched resistance to thermal shock, and the best resistance to hail damage of any other roofing solution. It’s the toughest of the tough!
- Unlike built-up roofing, EPDM membrane does not contain organic materials that could decay as the result of moisture caused by condensation or leaks
- This synthetic rubber is most commonly used in single-ply roofing because it is readily available and simple to apply
- Excellent performance of EPDM transfers to low lifecycle costs and less impact on the environment
- Can often be installed in one complete layer without the need for joins (depending on size)
What is EPDM Roofing Used For?
EPDM membrane can be used for both low and steep-slope roofing, as well as unusually shaped structures (such as domes and other geometrically shaped roofs). Because EPDM is thermal-set at the time of installation, no additional curing is required. Repairs can easily be performed with simple tools and accessories without the need of heavy-duty equipment, making it a really simple and cost-effective roofing system which promises longevity.
Types of EPDM Roofing
Resitrix is a self-adhesive EPDM system which is perfect for overlaying an existing roof without the need to strip back. This heat-welded reinforced membrane works brilliantly for larger commercial flat roofs and gutter lining, protecting your property and giving your roof many more years without the need of a full roof replacement.
Liquid Rubber Roofing
A liquid rubber roofing system is ideal for complicated roofs or to go over existing felt where roofing membranes may not be viable. Liquid rubber roofing can be laid onto many surfaces straight out of the tin.
This is the main EPDM roofing system we use here at Empire Roofing. The ClassicBond roof system is designed to be cost effective and much faster than traditional roofing systems. For most applications, the membrane is cut to the size of your roof and supplied as one single piece, trimmed to size and finished off with the correct drip, kerb edge and wall up-stand trims.
Your Local Experts for EPDM Flat Roofing in Cornwall
Installation costs vary from system to system as well as from building to building, but EPDM roofing remains one of the best-value and versatile roofing solutions in the world today. Here at Empire Roofing, we are experts in the installation of EPDM roofing in Cornwall and Devon. We work with the best EPDM suppliers in the county to ensure you get the best price and the best quality products, which means the very best roof for your home.
Get in touch today for a free consultation to see which is the best EPDM flat roofing in Cornwall for you and your home.